热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 7891|回复: 14

求:班芙和落基山脉旅行建议及游伴 (BC 其他景点也考虑)

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2009-8-15 15:33:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Banff Trip Plan Update:

Update: Wednesday (8/18/2009)
(Both Banff and Jasper still have camp sites)

初步计划:
出发日期:8/29
Day 1: VancouverKelowna

Day 2: KelownaBANFF NATIONAL PARK

Day 3: BANFFLake Louise--BANFF

Day 4: BANFFYOHO

Day 5: YOHO--JASPER

Day 6: JASPER

Day 7: JASPERMT.ROBSONVANCOUVER

Please let me know if you are seriously about going with us.

-------------------------------
We are young couple with hiking/camping experience.

Currently I am looking at the following link (Circle Routes of BC) and trying to figure out a travel plan.

http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/Sig ... olumbia.htm?Lev1=10

We are in Vancouver for a month and planning visiting nice places in BC and Banff area. Was planning to visit NT (Yukon, Route 2, Great Northern Route) but backing up from that for now.

Plan to spend some time in Victoria Island (leaving Vancouver on Monday), then route 4 (coast cariboo) back to Vancouver. Then head to Banff and Jasper, complete the partial route 1 (Hot Springs Circle Route), 5 (Mountains & Vineyards Circle Route) and 6 (Lakes & Trails Circle Route) on the way and back.

Will be leaving Vancouver on 9/20. Between now and then, schedule is wide open. We like nature scenery and try not to rush.

Really appreciate suggestions.

Welcome anyone to join us on any part of the tour.
发表于 2009-8-15 20:23:02 | 显示全部楼层

Kicking house tour

Day 1:  start 5:30a.m. drive to Osoyos follow hwy 3 breakfast on the way and lunch at Osoyos. To visit the mini desert at Osoyos then enjoy some fruits and visit vinyard taste wine, have lunch at peachland, go to kelowna, have a romantic dinner then stay in hotel or camping.

Day 2. Breakfast at Kelowna, head north to hwy 1 lunch at lake louise book camp site first then hiking or drive to Moraine lake, BBQ diner at camping site

Day 3: breakfast at baff then visit the town, Go to hot spring after lunch, have dinner at canmore or Calgary

Day 4: Calgary then go along rock mountain, hiking, camping at Glacier or somewhere

Day 5: Visit Jasper then Edmonton stay there at night

Day 6: On the way back to Vancouver, visit MT Robson, camping there or drive back at night

What a rush?! I did it. crazy!
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-15 23:14:11 | 显示全部楼层
Thank you so much for the detailed daily plan. I will start my research based on that.

One quick question: Why start day 1 so early since you like relax?
发表于 2009-8-16 06:37:58 | 显示全部楼层
bigtang
Thank you so much for the detailed daily plan. I will start my research based on that.

One quick question: Why start day 1 so early since you like relax?

Avoid traffic jam and waiting time driving on the road without too much attraction.

I'd like stay somewhere and enjoy but being pushed.

For instance, I want to stay at lake louise for 4 ~ 6hours instead of 1 ~ 2 hours take some photos. I did hiking there and look back from the glacier. It was a nice view on top of the mountain... ...
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-16 08:45:37 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks for your reply. Good info.

Can you list the hotel/campsite you stayed?

I am planning to do hiking or just walk around or sit on the lake shore in more national parks over there.

Relax is good.  8)
发表于 2009-8-16 11:46:29 | 显示全部楼层
Day 1: Summerland camp ground or Seita hotel/Inn
Day 2. Canyon hot spring resort or lake louise camp ground
Day 3: Tunnel Mountain Village campground or banff boundry lodge
Day 4: Camping at Glacier if you can see the stars or go to Wapiti 4km south jasper. I was lucky to get a camp site at 1:30a.m. because I stay at glacier till 8:30p.m. then head to Jasper.
Day 5: Visit Jasper then Edmonton Hotels and motels everywhere
Day 6: On the way back to Vancouver, visit MT Robson, camping there or drive back at night

Where I stay longer where should have great view either mountains or hot spring even a lake or river nearby.

Don't forget to have a lunch or dinner at The Fairmont
Chateau Lake Louise, you won't regret!

Money is very important but nobody so care about it if it's for enjoyment, that's why you need to make money.

Hey, take a helicopter tour if you feel comfortable for $365 to $600 but you can get stunning view in a sunny day!

Have fun!
发表于 2009-8-16 16:01:38 | 显示全部楼层
Another reference: https://www.crossna.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9889

You should be able to find other very good hiking places in BC within this site!

Garibaldi Lake and Elfin Lake are the most traditional hiking trails in BC.

You are also welcomed to join our hiking trips on each Saturday.  :D
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-17 00:34:25 | 显示全部楼层
googoo
Another reference: https://www.crossna.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9889

You should be able to find other very good hiking places in BC within this site!

Garibaldi Lake and Elfin Lake are the most traditional hiking trails in BC.

You are also welcomed to join our hiking trips on each Saturday.  :D

Thank you. I was going to attend last Saturday's hiking trip but failed to get up. Will be on Victoria Island this weekend so I will try the weekend after.

We will not do backpacking so we can only admire your recent adventure.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-17 00:40:34 | 显示全部楼层
beijihu
Day 1: Summerland camp ground or Seita hotel/Inn
Day 2. Canyon hot spring resort or lake louise camp ground
Day 3: Tunnel Mountain Village campground or banff boundry lodge
Day 4: Camping at Glacier if you can see the stars or go to Wapiti 4km south jasper. I was lucky to get a camp site at 1:30a.m. because I stay at glacier till 8:30p.m. then head to Jasper.
Day 5: Visit Jasper then Edmonton Hotels and motels everywhere

Where I stay longer where should have great view either mountains or hot spring even a lake or river nearby.

Don't forget to have a lunch or dinner at The Fairmont
Chateau Lake Louise, you won't regret!

Money is very important but nobody so care about it if it's for enjoyment, that's why you need to make money.

Hey, take a helicopter tour if you feel comfortable for $365 to $600 but you can get stunning view in a sunny day!

Have fun!

Thank you very much for your detailed info. I will find out the availability of those campsite this week. I really hate to book hotels beforehand as it will restrict my ability to adjust the trip based on the degree of beautifulness of certain places.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-17 01:18:03 | 显示全部楼层
Is SUV required or optional for driving to Banff and surrounding area in this season?
发表于 2009-8-18 12:08:45 | 显示全部楼层
bigtang
Is SUV required or optional for driving to Banff and surrounding area in this season?

Optional based on my experience while travelling to Banff during August.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-18 21:10:19 | 显示全部楼层
googoo
[quote]bigtang

Optional based on my experience while travelling to Banff during August.[/quote]

Thank you very much for your response. Glad to have someone like you willing to help a guy new to the area.  :gd:

Looking forward to seeing you in one of your Saturday hike.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-19 00:40:33 | 显示全部楼层

初步计划:

发表于 2009-8-19 06:14:46 | 显示全部楼层
bigtang

初步计划:

It's a good trip plan. One more things I'd like you know:
1st: You need bear spray for sure at this time, I saw bears during my trip 6 years ago if you choose camping around.

2nd: make sure you vehicle works fine and have a gas tank for back up if you want to do back country hiking in Baff National park.

the last buy some snack bars sealed because some camp site does not allow cooking

Have a good trip! Waiting for your photos.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-26 09:24:09 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. Four of us made up our mind to go on this trip. Camp sites have been booked.
:D

Everyone is excited about it. I am sure someone will post pictures and write nice stories about trip.

The waiting won't be long now. :lol:
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-5-2 07:16 , Processed in 0.061838 second(s), 5 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表