搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 8090|回复: 1

蓝山行记

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2008-11-27 14:33:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
蓝山行记

It was only November, weeks of rain followed by snow had taken down every single danging leaf and covered everything with white powder. The Autumn had officially recessed. Last Sunday, was the only day with fair weather in the past and coming weeks.

这还是十一月中旬,几个星期的连续雨雪已将残剩的秋叶打扫得干干净净。白雪覆盖了一切。秋天已经过去了。上个星期天,是过去和未来几个星期中唯一的一个好天。

Captain Mike and I met at Newmarket car pool parking lot at 7:25am. He was a bit late, but where were others? "No others, only two of us." he told me. I was a bit disappointed but would not poll back. We were on the way to Highlands Nordic cross country ski club.

麦克船长和我在400号和9号交界口的停车场碰了头,当时是早上7:25。他迟到了5分钟,但是其他人呢?"没其他人了,就我们俩"他告诉我说。这让我有点失望,但是也不能会头啊。我们上了去 Highlands Nordic 越野滑雪俱乐部的路途。

We arrived at 9:00am, as scheduled. It is located at the bottom of Blue Mountain. http://www.highlandsnordic.ca/. Since we did not call ahead for an instructor, we had to wait for availability of an instructor. And by 9:40am, we were on the trail with instructor Jim. He started with basics, banding knees, looking 20 feet ahead, put your weight at the front foot, etc. and we followed. The lesson was only 30 minutes, he told us everything that 30 minutes could do but the rest were on our own.

滑雪场位于蓝山脚下,我们到时是9:00整。http://www.highlandsnordic.ca/.  因为没有预约滑雪教练,我们得等教练。到9:40,我们终于同教练吉姆在滑雪道上了。他给我们介绍了基本要领,曲漆,看前方6-7米的地方,将重心放在前脚上,等等。我们按照他的指导练习。课程只有30分钟,吉姆告诉了我们所有传统滑雪的要领,剩下的就靠自己的悟性和练习了。

Jim described the trail before leaving. It was a  loop with a little ascending, then a little down hill, totally about 2.5 Kms.

结束前,吉姆描述了一下滑雪道的走向。这是一个小圈,很缓的上坡,然后一个200米的下坡,总长2.5公里。

At the first attempt on the trail, I fell more then 5 times. When I fell. I could manage myself stand up and keep going. And Goer-Tex pants kept my but dry. So fells did not do any harm to me. At the end of loop, I could manage walking with ski on; although I was not really skiing.

第一圈我摔倒了不下5次,摔倒了,爬起来继续。我的Geor-Tex裤子保证了臀部不湿,雪又盖住了所有有刃有角的地方。因此,摔倒并不能伤着什么。一圈下来,虽然不像是滑雪,但是我终于可以带着滑雪板走了。

Except the ski trail which was about 3 meters wide, the snow on everywhere else was untouched at least one foot deep. Looking around, snow on branches of trees, on the ground formed different sculptures demonstrated beauty and pureness of the winter.

雪道有3米宽。雪道外面的雪有一尺深,没人碰过。看看周围,雪挂在树上形成了无数个不同的造型,展示着冬天纯净的美。

We made few more loops. My skill did not improve much but I swattered a lot for I had to walk with "four legs" - dragging ski on foot and pushing forward with posts in hands. Sweating was an important part of physical exercise. it could clean off one's body, mind and soul, at least I wish.

我们继续在雪道上转圈。我的滑雪技术并没有多少提高,汗倒是出了很多。因为得用"四条腿"滑雪确实很累。两条腿得拖着滑雪板,两臂得用滑雪杆推动身体前进。但出汗就是运动的目的之一吗?出汗可以清洁身体,心理和灵魂,至少我这样论为。

After 4 hours cross country skiing, we continued our adventure by hiking to Bruce Trail on Blue Mountain.

四个小时越野滑雪之后,我们向蓝山的布鲁士通道进发。

Drove to the end of 33 county road, there was a small parking lot. We parked there and followed snow mobile trail which lead us up to Blue Mountain. http://sites.google.com/site/cap ... ntainend-to-end34km

车开到33号路末端,有一个小停车场。我们就从哪里出发,沿着雪爬犁开出的道往山上爬。

At the beginning, the trail was steep, especially when it was snow covered. Every step was difficult, body weight made heels sink deep into snow and pulled the muscles on tings very tight. Soon we got used to it and felt the slope was not that steep any more. We began to enjoy the scenery of the mountain.

刚开始时,坡比较陡,特别是有雪覆盖着。身体的重量使后脚跟深深地陷入雪中,将小腿肌肉拉得很紧。过了一段,我们习惯了地势,感觉坡也缓了许多。我们开始喜欢蓝山的风景。

It was less traveled trail then ski loop. We could only hear the sound of crashing snow under each foot steps. Occasionally, snow mobiles passed by, in groups. We make gesture to each other as greetings. Then the mountain become quiet again. Only the smell of exhaustion gas reminded us that civilisation was existed here.

这里人更少。我们仅能听到自己脚下雪被压碎的声音。偶尔有两三辆雪地摩托驶过,互相用手势大个招呼。然后这山又归于宁静。这有排气的味道提醒我们文明的存在。

I did not like the sound nor the exhaustion gas from snow mobiles on the trail. But think twice, if there were no snow mobiles making the trail, there could be no trail and we could not climb the mountain easily. Then we could not find the beauty here either. Civilization should find balance to the nature and other species for the civilization to last.

我不喜欢雪地摩托的噪声和排气味在这山路上。但是。话得说回来,如果没有雪地摩托开出的道,也就没有路,爬着小小的山也会很困难。当然也就无法领略这山的美。因此文明应当找到与自然和其他物种的平衡,这样的文明才能持久。

Wind passed top of trees and trees were swing slowly as if they enjoyed the crispy wind. They shacked off some snow from top branches. The snow brought down more snow on lower branches and then broke some small branches. It was a show of gravity at work, and a show of balance of the nature. The snow fell around us and one huddle of snow landed right on my back. Even the snow was soft, the gravity made it powerful and I could feel the force on my back - a little scared. Some snow went into my neck; the cool crispy feel running down my spine and made me warship of the power of nature.

风吹过树梢,树慢悠悠的摇曳着,仿佛很在意这冰冷的风。它们抖落了一些高枝上的积雪,雪团又带落了更多的积雪,并折断了一些小枝。这是引力的解说,平衡的演示。雪块落在我们周围,犹如在雪崩之中。有一团雪恰好打在我的背上。尽管雪松软的,我可以感觉到势能的力量, 我有点怕。有些雪,钻进了我的衣领,那冰冷的感觉顺这脊梁传遍全身,让我更觉得自然的强大。

We reached the flat top of Blue Mountain. What a breath taking scenery on the top of Blue Mountain.

我们到了蓝山平缓的山脊。这里的美景让人感叹。

Water appeared from no where; coming and going underneath snow; fast or slow on its own wish. Snow dooms were formed in middle of water where rocks should be seen in summer; and thin ice formed on shallow water. The sun was on the west now, made the snow tinted with shining golden coat.  

水流不知从何处来,只见从积雪下流出,又消失在积雪下面, 或快或慢完全在它。雪包在水的中央形成各种形状,柔化了下面的岩石。水浅的地方,已经有一层薄薄的冰。西边的斜阳给雪度上了一层发亮的金色。

On the way back to Toronto, sun set could be seen from reflection mirrors. It changed color and shape; and faded quickly as we drove far from Blue Mountain. But the memory should not fade for something deeply craved in my brain.
My only regression was that I did not bring a camera. But it gave me an excuse that I would revisit Blue Mountain again, in this winter winter.

在回多伦多的路上,夕阳映照在反光镜上,变换着色彩和形状。当我们远离蓝山的时候,夕阳很快的暗淡下去了。不过记忆不会很快的消失,那美丽的景象已经刻在我的脑海里。我唯一的遗憾是没带相机,但这给了我一格很好的借口我一定要冬天重访蓝山。
发表于 2008-11-27 18:27:12 | 显示全部楼层
下次snowshoeing.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-3-29 01:42 , Processed in 0.052365 second(s), 5 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表